- a weekly event to look forward to.
- a reason for celebration, or means of relaxation.
- our favorite day of the work week.
Below, we can supply five great reasons to help you define what Wine Wednesday really means to you!
- Wine is ~healthy.~ it’s all the rage, and it’s a big part of the Central Coast scene! Science dictates this to be true, and we don’t want to argue. Wine has antioxidants, reduces risk of heart disease, and improves cognitive function!
- Wine brings out the best vibes! Wine Wednesdays encourage interacting with others, which is proven to decrease depression and boost feelings of prosperity.
- Wine is the drink of the gods, and was a crucial aspect of keeping ancient civilizations civil. Across many different ages and empires, wine provided economical, medicinal, and religious support. We should honor the time spent researching different properties of wine by indulging in a glass.
- Disconnect Engaged. Our modern environment is, simply put, uptight. Stresses are quick to accumulate – money, home life, work, and many other external factors. The mild sedative quality of red wine allows us to disconnect, relax, and rejuvenate.
- Eat more, drink more –that’s the life right? Red wine controls blood cholesterol levels, protecting you from the effects of fried foods. Is there a better statement in this world? With that said– everything in moderation.
Did You Know?
Take it outside! We know that wonderful feeling of sharing a bottle of wine with friends in your sweatpants on the couch, but we also encourage the excitement of dressing up for a fun day out. Plan a wine tour in Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, or Santa Ynez for a discounted weekday price – mention Wine Wednesday and we will set you up for your next adventure around town!
History of Wine Tours on the Central Coast
California is a wine lover’s paradise! A wine tour is considered a MUST for those who spend their sunny, delightful vacations in the Golden State of California – with various wine regions to choose from! Fortunately, (and completely unbiased), we believe the Central Coast is the best region to explore – mainly due to the AMAZING selection of whites and reds, but also because it isn’t AS well known as, let’s say – Napa Valley. We charge less per bottle, and curate an experience that is double the fun! Mostly enjoying fun under the radar until 2004 when Sideways was filmed, Paso Robles, Edna Valley and surrounding regions still produce top notch wines.
Starting in the 1990s, larger wineries purchased inexpensive -and expansive- regions of Paso Robles to develop into vineyards. However, this region has really only exploded within the last 15 years and is therefore still under the radar next to the known giants of wine – Napa Valley and Temecula in California. Enotourism – what we call wine tours – was coined by the wineries of Napa to promote their wine region to what it is today. 17% of American leisure travelers engage in culinary or wine-related activities when out and about in new places (out of the estimated 26 million). That’s a lot of people! Wine Tours on the Central Coast have become much more popular and well-known within the past 10 years, and are always improving! Whether you have wineries you know you want to visit, a type of wine you want to try at different wineries, or absolutely no clue where to go – our team of specialists can help curate the most memorable wine tour in San Luis Obispo or Paso Robles!