Central Coast Beer
Its no secret that craft and small batch beer on the Central Coast has exploded into popularity over the last few years. With breweries popping up left and right and the quality of beer exceeding many tasters expectations the San Luis Obispo area is becoming a breeding-ground for all things beer.
Brewery Tours with SLO Safe Ride
Craft beer tasting is a great way to spend a day on the Central Coast! Whether your on a weekend getaway with friends or you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary, SLO Safe Ride has an experienced team of booking staff and chauffeurs who can help you choose the perfect spots for your outing. We work with the breweries and brew pubs daily to create relationships that guarantee the best experience on the Central Coast. Book your brewery tour a-la-carte or have us curate an all-inclusive experience that includes food, beverages, and tasting fees—the choices are endless and so is the fun!
What Is Included?
- Professional Transportation Specialist
- Luxury Vehicle of Your Choosing
- Door-to-Door Pick Up & Drop Off
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Facility Tours (Upon Request)
All-Inclusive Distillery Tours: includes everything above, as well as:
- Catered Lunch Boxes
- Tasting Fees
- Bottle Service
- Concierge Service upon request
Click here to learn more about the breweries
Schedule a Central Coast Brewery Tour Today!
To book beer tasting transportation, please call (805) 620-7233
, send us an email to SLOSafeRide@gmail.com
View our vehicle options here.
Read our testimonials.
For San Luis Obispo Wine Tours, Click Here
For more information on breweries in the San Luis Obispo area please visit the Central Coast Brewers Guild page here!
or click the link to your favorite brewery below!
Central Coast Microbreweries
San Luis Obispo Craft Brews
- Central Coast Brewing – Opening its second location in San Luis Obispo this past year, Central Coast Brewing is stepping up their game as far as having one of the newest and most popular
watering holes in San Luis Obispo.
- BarrelHouse Brewing – With both a beer garden in Paso Robles and a speakeasy style bar in downtown San Luis Obispo, BarrelHouse Brewing Co. has truly made a name for itself on the Central Coast.
- Bang The Drum Brewery – Opening its doors in August 2014, Bang the Drum Brewery is a melting pot for all things ‘SLO’. Hosting bands, salsa dances, art shows, yoga and other fun events almost every week, these guys draw from the eclectic nature of San Luis Obispo itself to create an environment like non other.
- 7 Sisters Brewing – Committed to sustainability and conservation of natural resources, 7 Sisters Brewing is a great place to kick back and enjoy a beer guilt free. With a tasting room build almost entirely from repurposed materials, these guys and gals are devoted to the Central Coast and all those that choose to call this place home.
- Libertine Brewing Company – With locations across the Central Coast and a multiple bottle clubs, Libertine Brewing is a local favorite specializing in sours, wild ales and good times. Need a morning pick me up? These guys also feature a coffee bar just next door to their downtown San Luis Obispo location.
- SLO Brew – Opening it’s doors in 1988, SLO Brew remains one of the longest standing brew pubs on the California coast. In addition to their downtown location, SLO Brew recently opened a new location entitled ‘SLO Brew Rock’ which includes beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces, full kitchen as well as an event center featuring artists like Chromeo and Collie Buddz.
South County Craft Brews:
- ManRock Brewing Co. – Surrounded by the green hillsides of Grover Beach, ManRock Brewing Co.’s beer garden is one you definitely need to stop in at. With small concerts taking place every Wednesday and Friday, this intimate and enjoyable space features hops curling up trellised planters, picnic bench style seating and amazing aromas of burgers, tacos, and pizza.
- Pismo Brewing Co. – With a tasting room a hop, skip and a jump away from the famous Pismo Beach pier, Pismo Brewing Co. could not be closer to the ocean without getting sand in your beer with every pour. Opening in 2010, this brew house constantly features 6 rotating taps of locally brewed Pismo Brewing Co. beer and a delicious root beer, also on tap, for the under-aged or sweet tooth in your group.
- Bittersweet Brewing Company – Opening its door December 2018 in Grover Beach, Bittersweet Brewing Co. is a father-son duo whose passion for brewing beer together stems back 10 years prior. Striving to put at least one local ingredient in every beer they brew, this up-n-coming brewery currently features a Blond Ale, a Saison, a Porter and an IPA with more soon to come.
- Three Stacks and a Rock Brewing Company – Technically a ‘Nano Brewery’ (a brewery producing batches of three barrels or smaller), Three Stacks and a Rock Brewing Co. pride themselves on brewing ‘fresh beer’ with a focus on locally sources and freshly harvested ingredients. With offerings including in-house brewed Porters, IPAs, Pales and Lagers they also proudly offer rotating guest taps, a popcorn machine and 120-square-foot, and a dog-friendly patio.
- Dunbar Brewing – Opening its Santa Margarita doors in 2009, Dunbar Brewing focuses on timeless and traditional British ales. With a London Porter, Scottish Heavy, and Irish Stout, this brew house has a classic European pub feel leaving a warm and inviting feel to all your heart from the moment you walk in.
- Santa Maria Brewing Co. – Known as ‘the best little brewery that nobody heard of’, Santa Maria Brewing Co began brewing and selling its beer in the original location in Nipomo. Since then they have opened 3 new locations, with 2 more in the works! With over 18 in-house brewed beers, there is truly something for everyone at every location.
- Tent City Beer Company – Featuring a variety of house beers ranging from coffee stouts to pale ales, Tent City Beer Co. also offers some of the best craft beers from other local favorites as well as nationwide boutique breweries. Born out of a love for beer made with the finest ingredients, Tent City strives to share their passion for great American beer in each barrel they brew.
Get Even Hoppier with more breweries