Jump to Central Coast Distilleries
Jump to San Luis Obispo Wineries
Jump to Paso Robles Wineries
Central Coast Microbreweries
San Luis Obispo Craft Breweries
- Central Coast Brewing – Opening its second location in San Luis Obispo this past year, Central Coast Brewing is stepping up their game as far as having one of the newest and most popular watering holes in San Luis Obispo.
- BarrelHouse Brewing – With both a beer garden in Paso Robles and a speakeasy style bar in downtown San Luis Obispo, BarrelHouse Brewing Co. has truly made a name for itself on the Central Coast.
- Bang The Drum Brewery – Opening its doors in August 2014, Bang the Drum Brewery is a melting pot for all things ‘SLO’. Hosting bands, salsa dances, art shows, yoga and other fun events almost every week, these guys draw from the eclectic nature of San Luis Obispo itself to create an environment like non other.
- 7 Sisters Brewing – Committed to sustainability and conservation of natural resources, 7 Sisters Brewing is a great place to kick back and enjoy a beer guilt free. With a tasting room build almost entirely from repurposed materials, these guys and gals are devoted to the Central Coast and all those that choose to call this place home.
- Libertine Brewing Company – With locations across the Central Coast and a multiple bottle clubs, Libertine Brewing is a local favorite specializing in sours, wild ales and good times. Need a morning pick me up? These guys also feature a coffee bar just next door to their downtown San Luis Obispo location.
- SLO Brew – Opening it’s doors in 1988, SLO Brew remains one of the longest standing brew pubs on the California coast. In addition to their downtown location, SLO Brew recently opened a new location entitled ‘SLO Brew Rock’ which includes beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces, full kitchen as well as an event center featuring artists like Chromeo and Collie Buddz.
South County Craft Breweries
- ManRock Brewing Co. – Surrounded by the green hillsides of Grover Beach, ManRock Brewing Co.’s beer garden is one you definitely need to stop in at. With small concerts taking place every Wednesday and Friday, this intimate and enjoyable space features hops curling up trellised planters, picnic bench style seating and amazing aromas of burgers, tacos, and pizza.
- Pismo Brewing Co. – With a tasting room a hop, skip and a jump away from the famous Pismo Beach pier, Pismo Brewing Co. could not be closer to the ocean without getting sand in your beer with every pour. Opening in 2010, this brew house constantly features 6 rotating taps of locally brewed Pismo Brewing Co. beer and a delicious root beer, also on tap, for the under-aged or sweet tooth in your group.
- Bittersweet Brewing Company – Opening its door December 2018 in Grover Beach, Bittersweet Brewing Co. is a father-son duo whose passion for brewing beer together stems back 10 years prior. Striving to put at least one local ingredient in every beer they brew, this up-n-coming brewery currently features a Blond Ale, a Saison, a Porter and an IPA with more soon to come.
- Three Stacks and a Rock Brewing Company – Technically a ‘Nano Brewery’ (a brewery producing batches of three barrels or smaller), Three Stacks and a Rock Brewing Co. pride themselves on brewing ‘fresh beer’ with a focus on locally sources and freshly harvested ingredients. With offerings including in-house brewed Porters, IPAs, Pales and Lagers they also proudly offer rotating guest taps, a popcorn machine and 120-square-foot, and a dog-friendly patio.
- Dunbar Brewing – Opening its Santa Margarita doors in 2009, Dunbar Brewing focuses on timeless and traditional British ales. With a London Porter, Scottish Heavy, and Irish Stout, this brew house has a classic European pub feel leaving a warm and inviting feel to all your heart from the moment you walk in.
- Santa Maria Brewing Co. – Known as ‘the best little brewery that nobody heard of’, Santa Maria Brewing Co began brewing and selling its beer in the original location in Nipomo. Since then they have opened 3 new locations, with 2 more in the works! With over 18 in-house brewed beers, there is truly something for everyone at every location.
- Tent City Beer Company – Featuring a variety of house beers ranging from coffee stouts to pale ales, Tent City Beer Co. also offers some of the best craft beers from other local favorites as well as nationwide boutique breweries. Born out of a love for beer made with the finest ingredients, Tent City strives to share their passion for great American beer in each barrel they brew.
- Dead Oak Brewing Company (Atascadero)
- Tin City Cider (Paso Robles)
- Firestone Walker Brewing (Paso Robles)
- Earth and Fire Brewing Company (Paso Robles)
- Toro Creek Brewing Company (Paso Robles)
- Silva Brewing (Paso Robles)
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. (Arroyo Grande & Santa Maria)
- Naughty Oak Brewing Company (Orcutt)
Central Coast Distilleries
San Luis Obispo
- Autry Cellars– With a focus on brandy and grappa as well as a handful of different varietal wines, Autry Cellars has one of the most unique tasting rooms on the Central Coast. Nothing fancy or extravagant here; no wrap-around wine bar, just award winning beverages and a man determined to help you unwind and appreciate life.
- Rod and Hammer’s SLO Stills– Located at The Rock near the San Luis Obispo airport and at the north end of the Edna Valley, SLO Stills is a small batch distillery soon to be opened in late 2018. Focusing on whiskey and other hand-crafted spirits, this new distillery is sure to be worth a visit.
- Foggy Bottom Distillery– Producing about 10 different whiskeys, a gin, a rum, an unaged moonshine and few barrel-rested creations, Foggy Bottom Distillery opened its doors to the public late 2017. With an initial focus on simply making whiskey for friends and family, owner Todd Adams loves distilling spirits and today has more fun than ever sharing his creations out of his tiny space in Los Osos.
- Wine Shine – Committed to combining old-fashioned distillation techniques with innovative infusions, Wine Shine is truly in a class of its own. Featuring a variety of small batch spirits, alongside their brandy and whiskey, the team at Wine Shine has over a century worth of experience in the mixology, culinary arts and wine making industries.
- Calwise Spirits Co. – Founded upon family tradition of moonshining and booze running, Calwise Spirits Co. are made in celebration of the Central Coast lifestyle. With a Blonde Rum, Gin and Spiced Rum, this distillery has truly distilled their craft into their award-winning spirits sure to wow everyone who tastes them.
- Pendray’s Distillery– Born out of love for fortifying their port-style wines, Pendray’s Distillery (the sister brand of PasoPort and Per Caso) offers a portfolio consisting of Brandy’s, Grappa’s, and a few seasonal fruit based Liqueurs.
- Krobar Craft Distillery– With a combined 40 years in the alcohol beverage industry, the geniuses behind Krobar Distillery love offering something a little different than the other local distilleries. Featuring Pink Gin, Rye Whiskey and California's twist on a traditional European aperitif wine titled “Light and Bright”, there are some distinct flavors wafting from this repurposed sheet metal building.
- Willow Creek Distillery– Formerly the distillery at Opolo Winery, Willow Creek has made a serious name for itself since opening in 2013. Featuring a chamomile liqueur, walnut liqueur, and plum brandy, this distillery locally sources their ingredients and focuses on crafting the highest grade spirits possible.
- Manucci Spirits– The newest addition to the Wild Coyote Winery, Manucci Spirits focuses on utilizing wine by products and infusions to create some of their most interesting flavors. Featuring pomegranate, star anise, espresso, and habanero/garlic infused brandies, this family owned and operated distillery focuses on handcrafting in every sense of the word.
- Re:Find Handcrafted Spirits– Re:Find is known for crafting artisan spirits from grape/grain to bottle in the heart of Paso Robles wine country. Proprietors/Distillers, Alex & Monica Villicana, believe in transparency in their distilling practices and the authenticity of the ingredients distilled. Stop in to see why they’re rated among the best distilleries in the region!
Central Coast Wineries
San Luis Obispo Wineries
- Autry Cellars – Steve Autry founded his own winery after a career in aerospace research and commercial beekeeping. His love for Zinfandel is a big influence in their production of that wine today.
- Biddle Ranch Vineyard – The new Biddle Ranch tasting room sits beautifully in the heart of the Edna Valley, offering incredible views of the surrounding Santa Lucia Mountains. Biddle Ranch specializes in bold red Varietals and Chardonnays.
- Baileyana, Tangent, True Myth – Catherine Niven was one of the first female wine makers in California. Baileyana is named for the place she met her husband Jack, and features cool-climate Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
- Center of Effort –
- Chamisal Vineyards – Chamisal boasts a beautiful tasting room inside an old schoolhouse, with a great outdoor patio for large groups. They are a dog-friendly winery, and specialize in Pinot Noir and Chardonnay (Make sure to try the Stainless Steel Chardonnay if you get a chance, its a SLO Safe Ride favorite)
- Chêne Vineyards –
- Claiborne and Churchill Winery – Claiborne and Churchill specializes in Alsatian dry white wines, specifically Gewürztraminer and Riesling. They store their barrels inside the tasting room, creating a nice aroma of oak and vanilla.
- Croma Vera Wines –
- Edna Valley Vineyard – Edna Valley Vineyard is currently the ‘best rated tasting room in San Luis Obispo’, and their cool-climate vines create great Pinot Noirs, Merlots, and Chardonnays.
- El Lugar Wines – Specializing in Pinot Noir, El Lugar prides themselves on creating high quality wines. With over 25 years of wine-making experience, owners Coby and Katie love what they do and the amazing AVA of the Edna Valley
- Filipponi Ranch – Once a dairy farm for many years, Filipponi Ranch sits nestled halfway between San Luis Obispo and Shell Beach just off the 101. Scotty takes great pride in his family owned operation and offers incredible varietals such as Tempranillo and Albariño as well as Cabernet Savignon and a Syrah.
- Kelsey See Canyon Vineyards – There are about 200 wild peacocks in See Canyon, and they often roam Kelsey. Kelsey also proudly boasts a barrel-aged hard cider. Kelsey is a dog-friendly winery!
- Kynsi Winery – Kynsi used to be an old dairy until 1944, and they specialize in Pinot Noir.
- Laetitia Vineyard and Winery – Known first and foremost for their spaking wines, Laetita also produces Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and many more.
- Saucelito Canyon – Saucelito Canyon’s first vines were planted in 1880, but eventually died out in the early 1900’s. In 1974, they were restored to their current state today, and they produce award winning Zinfandels that highlight their great tasting room.
- Sextant Wines – Sextant is located on an old production factory grounds with lots of SLO historical content still located on the site. Sextant specializes in Rhone Varietals, including Zinfandels and Chardonnays. This winery is also one of the only tasting rooms in the Edna Valley that offer prepared food.
- Stephen Ross Winery –
- Talley Vineyards – Talley Vineyards tasting room offer beautiful grounds including three picnic areas with stunning views of the courtyard, the surrounding vineyards, and vegetable fields. They specialize in delicious varieties of both Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
- Tolosa Winery – Tolosa prides itself on being a sustainable winery that produces well balanced wines, expressing the unique nature of the fruit grown on their estate. Tolosa specializes in Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays, and has won multiple awards for both varietals.
- Wolff Vineyards – Wolff is a dog-friendly vineyard that takes pride in growing high quality grapes. They outsource the grapes to many award winning wineries, including their favorites, Syrah and Peitite Syrah.