Take a break from 2020, and enjoy some R & R for the holidays! With a grab bag of holidays just around the corner, you’ll find tips and tricks to making this holiday season extra special with family and friends as you go wine tasting on the Central Coast.
For A Spook-tacular Time
We all know wine tasting is just the grown-up version of trick or treating, so why not embrace it? Here are some easy tips to take your wine tour to a hauntingly fantastic next level.
1. Dress in costume for your Halloween wine tour. Sip cabernet from a Tooth & Nail’s castle moat, dressed as a vampire. Or haunt the underground caverns of Eberle Winery or Halter Ranch as a wine-thirsty ghost.
2. Update your playlist with the latest spooky tracks. Fun, spooky beats will make traveling in between wineries a breeze! All of our vehicles come equipped with audio hookups, so you can rock out to Monster Mash as many times as you want. (Our Luxury Limousine Bus comes with a premium sound system and two 12-inch subwoofers. It’s ready to go for your spooky jams!)
3. Make sure to pack snacks. Wearing a full dinosaur costume because you’re a wino-saur is a lot of work. You’ll definitely work up an appetite, and while for most wine tours, we suggest bringing cheeses and meats for a Halloween treat- you need something sweet. We suggest candy corn with a side of chocolate, and maybe some caramel covered apples to balance it all out. (Don’t worry, we’ll cover the waters, you’ll find a free supply on our vehicles. We can even supply on the road lunches, just ask us about our all-inclusive wine tours with catered lunch.)
For A Family-Friendly Time
Nothing quite says holidays like family getting together. Whether you’re meeting with relatives, or close friends that are like family, we have just the ideas you need to make it extra homey and family-friendly.
1. A little family competition never hurts. Not only are games great for kids, as the adults relax but these winery games are fun for everyone. Castoro Cellars offers a corn hole toss, a wooden stage (perfect for karaoke), a disc golf course, and grape juice for the little ones. Looking for even more games? Check out Sculpterra Winery; they offer by far the most games for any winery. These games are guaranteed to keep the entire family engaged! Here you’ll find bocce ball, ping pong, foosball, or chess. Is Aunt Susan winning too much? Or is Grandpa Robert making up his own rules to chess again? Take a break from the games, before things get heated and unwind by walking the sculpture garden. (Based on our personal experience, walking the garden with a glass of wine has a 98% success rate of calming everyone down._
2. When you’re traveling with family, food stops become a necessity. So, wine not combine both wine tasting and a good lunch? Wineries like Niner Wine Estates and Barton Family Wines offer incredible food, sure to satisfy every hangry member of the party. We recommend making a food stop the second stop on a wine tour. (Looking to take your food on the go, or enjoy it as a picnic overlooking vineyards? Ask us about our all-inclusive wine tours, which include catered lunch!)
3. Pro tip: If you have family coming into town, and you don’t want to have them crashing on your couch, click here to check out these phenomenal, local hotels.
For A Cozy & Romantic Time
We can hear the jingle of bells, and the crackle of a warm fire as a cool breeze whisks about outside. Nothing says, “I love you” quite like the pop of a wine cork and an intimate ride towards a holiday wine tour adventure.
1. Set the tone with a little mood music and opt for a vehicle with more privacy. Did you know that our Luxury Mercedes Sprinter LandJet offers a partition, separating you from the driver? With audio connections for your music and that little bit of extra privacy, your romantic chariot awaits! (For luxury, without the partition option, check out our Luxury Sedan.)
2. Don’t forget the chocolate. Having snacks in between wine tastings goes a long way. Nothing ruins the romance like the growl of a stomach. So, we recommend bringing along cheese and chocolate to help keep any hunger at bay. (Want us to prepare snacks on the vehicle for you and your sweetheart? Just let our team of transportation concierges know! We can prepare snacks, bottles of champagne and more, to ensure a memorable holiday experience.)
3. While romance abounds when the wine is poured, these winery stops offer that special something extra for you and your loved one this holiday season. Enjoy the “French At Heart Picnic for Two” at DAOU. Cuddle on the DAOU mountain top, sipping wine and watching the sun glisten through acres of vineyard hills. Then head over to the Allegretto Vineyard Resort for wine by the roaring fire, surrounded by European featured artwork. Once your finished, walk over to their spa for a massage for two. If you’re not ready to end your holiday date, retire to one of the many luxurious rooms Allegretto Vineyard Resorts offers for a night of romance.
Ready to book a holiday wine tour on the Central Coast? Our team of transportation concierges are happy to help you coordinate reservations for lunches and dinners and all other holiday tasting activities! Give our team a call at (805) 620-7233 or fill out the form below to get started.
Request A Free Holiday Tour Quote
COVID-19 Enhanced Saftey Precautions
While regular sanitation after every use of our vehicles has always been in place, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have updated our cleaning and sanitation procedures for the continued health and safety of our passengers. These are the specific steps that we are implementing to ensure every passenger’s health and safety on our vehicles for our customers, our operations team (office staff), our drivers, and our detailers. For a full list of implemented policies and sanitation procedures, click here. Our passenger‘s safety is our number one priority! If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (805) 620-7233.